All the items we refinish at The Fettling Fairies are special, you wouldn't find their like on the high street or furniture store. A custom ordered item is your chance to create something which is truly unique!
Every week several items of furniture arrive at our workshops to be refinished to our customers' specifications. Some pieces have been owned by our customers for years, some have been bought in by us to fulfil special customer orders. In every case our customer has discussed the work to be done with Joy, our Bossy Fairy. (we call her that because she's the boss !) She advises customers by phone or email, sometimes even face to face.
Below we feature a small selection of projects we have undertaken for customers.
Some of the custom order services we provide:
- top quality multi-coat paint finishes.
- professional spray painting
- high quality hand-painting
- special paint effects
- gilding / gold leaf work
- hand painted artwork
- distressed paint effects
- varnish and lacquer finishes.
- wax finishes
- re-upholstery (not settees or armchairs)
- re-studding, re-braiding
- fabric fireproofing
- fabric protection
- seat pads and cushions made
- fixing loose legs and joints
- fitting internal shelves etc
- colouring scratches
Glass and Mirrors
- replacing broken or foxed mirrors
- re glazing with toughened glass
- removing glass, fitting mesh
- protective toughened glass for table tops and dressing table tops.
Handles, knobs, hardware
Collection, Storage and Delivery.
- we can collect your furniture for refinishing, then arrange to return.
- we have no problems storing furniture purchased from us (or refinished by us) for delivery at a later date.
We suggest that customers chose colours from the Farrow and Ball range (we can send you a colour chart) but we can match virtually any colour. We will normally spray a multi coat paint finish in order to build up a high quality result. We use water-based acrylic satin topcoats, then apply water-based matt varnish to achieve a more 'flat' look. We do recommend using satin varnish over very dark colours. We are happy to use other paints with or without wax finishes if requested.