All the items we refinish at The Fettling Fairies are special, you wouldn't find their like on the high street or furniture store. A custom ordered item is your chance to create something which is truly unique!
Every week several items of furniture arrive at our workshops to be refinished to our customers' specifications. Some pieces have been owned by our customers for years, some have been bought in by us to fulfil special customer orders. In every case our customer has discussed the work to be done with Joy, our Bossy Fairy. (we call her that because she's the boss !) She advises customers by phone or email, sometimes even face to face.
Below we feature a small selection of projects we have undertaken for customers.
Some of the custom order services we provide:
- top quality multi-coat paint finishes.
- professional spray painting
- high quality hand-painting
- special paint effects
- gilding / gold leaf work
- hand-painted artwork
- distressed paint effects
- varnish and lacquer finishes.
- wax finishes
- sheet cane replacement
- re-studding, re-braiding
- fabric fireproofing
- fabric protection
- fixing loose legs and joints
- fitting internal shelves etc
- colouring scratches
Glass and Mirrors
- replacing broken or foxed mirrors
- reglazing with toughened glass
- removing glass, fitting mesh
- protective toughened glass for tabletops and dressing table tops.
Handles, knobs, hardware
Collection, Storage and Delivery.
- we can collect your furniture for refinishing, then arrange to return.
- we have no problems storing furniture purchased from us (or refinished by us) for delivery at a later date.
We can paint in virtually any colour. Our customers most often choose colours from Farrow and Ball, Little Greene and Fired Earth. We will normally spray a multi-coat paint finish in order to build up a high-quality result. We use furniture grade water-based acrylic satin topcoats. We sometimes apply water-based matt varnish as a final coat to achieve a more 'flat' look. We do recommend a satin finish for very dark colours. We are happy to use other paints with or without wax finishes if requested.