Our wonderful customer Pete contacted us to ask if we could manufacture a combination unit comprising a hanging space, shoe storage, a seating bench, drawers and a shelf. Peter supplied a sketch showing how he wanted it laid out along with dimensions; from this, we furnished him with scale drawings showing how it would look. Over a succession of emails. we sorted out the finer details and then gave Pete a fixed price for the job. Pete subsequently asked for some amendments that altered the pricing slightly, then gave us the go-ahead.
We manufactured the set in three separate components to aid delivery; the tall cupboard, the bench with back and the shelf top.
The set received the following multi-coat paint finish:
- Thorough preparation
- professionally spray painted
- one coat of shellac-based primer
- two coats water-based acrylic dark tones undercoat on external surfaces.
- two coats water-based acrylic undercoat in mid tones on internal surfaces.
- Two coats water-based acrylic Satin in Spell Gray to internal surfaces.
- Three coats water-based acrylic satin topcoat in Mecury to external surfaces.
We fitted a chrome hanging rail to the cupboard and lower coat hooks. Polished nickel shaker-style drawer pulls were fitted to the large dovetail-jointed drawers and a polished nickel oval cabinet knob was fitted to the panelled door which had an adjustable roller catch.
We arranged for one of our specialist furniture couriers to deliver the set to Pete's home along with comprehensive fitting instructions and hardware. Peter fitted the set himself and his measurements proved perfect!
To find out more about our Custom Order service, please Click Here
This item is now sold. If you are looking for something similar, or different - Please contact us