Care of your Fettling Fairies painted furniture
Most of our advice here is pretty obvious, but we urge you to read the following to ensure your furniture remains in pristine condition.
- DON'T knock your painted furniture with or against any hard item (or chairs against each other). There is a risk that the paint finish may chip (like if one car bumps another).
- DON’T place heavy items on top surfaces, particularly during the first few weeks; fresh paint takes some time to fully harden after it has dried.
- DON'T expose your furniture to extremes of temperature or humidity.
- DO use placemats and coasters to avoid unnecessary marks.
- DON'T place hot items on any wooden surfaces, painted or otherwise treated.
- DON'T use cleaners containing alcohol and avoid alcohol spills.
- DON'T use furniture sprays, furniture polishes, solvent-based cleaners, abrasive cleaners or abrasive cloths.
- DO use a lightly dampened lint-free cloth or lightly dampened clean microfibre to clean your furniture occasionally. (DON'T rub too hard). You can use a mild soap solution if necessary. Dry as soon as possible with a soft clean towel.